CARTER COUNTY, Tenn. - A disabled woman dies after a fire in her Carter County home.
Police continue to investigate a fire that killed a woman Friday morning.
It happened around 10:00 a.m. on Roan Street in the Roan Mountain community.
Carter County Sheriff Chris Mathes tells us Jackie Hampton died in the blaze.
Her husband and stepson tried to get her out of the house, but were not able due to heavy smoke.
Crews are still investigating, but say the fire appears to be accidental.
- New ETSU student reports she was sexually assaulted on campus
- Updated Food City and United Way begin annual program to help feed children
- Updated Jail inmates escape in Hawkins County
- Deer feeding prohibited in Virginia starting September 1
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway