BRISTOL - A Bristol, Virginia man is dead after a crash Friday night on State Street.
Police tell us the accident happened just before 9:00 Friday night in the 500 block of State Street.
According to Bristol, Virginia Police 43-year-old William Marcella was driving at a high rate of speed when he lost control of his Oldsmobile and crashed into two parked cars in the 600 block of State Street. We're told Marcella was pronounced dead at the scene.
A man sitting in one of the hit cars was injured and taken to the hospital.
We're told alcohol may have been a factor in the crash. The investigation is ongoing.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project