BRISTOL - A Bristol, Virginia man is dead after a crash Friday night on State Street.
Police tell us the accident happened just before 9:00 Friday night in the 500 block of State Street.
According to Bristol, Virginia Police 43-year-old William Marcella was driving at a high rate of speed when he lost control of his Oldsmobile and crashed into two parked cars in the 600 block of State Street. We're told Marcella was pronounced dead at the scene.
A man sitting in one of the hit cars was injured and taken to the hospital.
We're told alcohol may have been a factor in the crash. The investigation is ongoing.
- Select children's tickets to be $10 for Cup Series events at Bristol Motor Speedway
- Public invited to give input on proposed hospital merger
- Mount Caramel police officer suspended on first day back to work
- Updated Voter registrars work to clarify restored voting rights
- Additional charges given to Sullivan County man charged with rape