BRISTOL - A Bristol, Virginia man is dead after a crash Friday night on State Street.
Police tell us the accident happened just before 9:00 Friday night in the 500 block of State Street.
According to Bristol, Virginia Police 43-year-old William Marcella was driving at a high rate of speed when he lost control of his Oldsmobile and crashed into two parked cars in the 600 block of State Street. We're told Marcella was pronounced dead at the scene.
A man sitting in one of the hit cars was injured and taken to the hospital.
We're told alcohol may have been a factor in the crash. The investigation is ongoing.
- Updated Black Lives Matter rally crasher no longer enrolled at ETSU, attorney issues statement
- Updated Kingsport police looking for quick change scammers
- New Man charged with sexually abusing 8-month-old appears in court
- New Man accused of branding wife with hot knife appears in court
- Updated Man who penned famous Oscar Mayer jingle dies in Illinois