Bristol, Virginia Police are investigating a car crash that happened at around 9:20 this morning on King Mill Pike near the intersection of Lavina St.
According to police, 33-year-old Roberto Aguilar of Bristol, Virginia was driving a 2000 Buick LaSabre when he lost control, ran off the road and hit a utility pole.
Aguilar was seriously injured and taken to the Bristol Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Another passenger, Ivan N. Lopez, 24, was injured also taken to the hospital. He's expected to be ok.
A third passenger ran from the scene.
Excessive speed and alcohol are suspected as contributing to the crash.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project