Bristol, Virginia Police are investigating a car crash that happened at around 9:20 this morning on King Mill Pike near the intersection of Lavina St.
According to police, 33-year-old Roberto Aguilar of Bristol, Virginia was driving a 2000 Buick LaSabre when he lost control, ran off the road and hit a utility pole.
Aguilar was seriously injured and taken to the Bristol Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Another passenger, Ivan N. Lopez, 24, was injured also taken to the hospital. He's expected to be ok.
A third passenger ran from the scene.
Excessive speed and alcohol are suspected as contributing to the crash.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests