Bristol, Virginia Police are investigating a car crash that happened at around 9:20 this morning on King Mill Pike near the intersection of Lavina St.
According to police, 33-year-old Roberto Aguilar of Bristol, Virginia was driving a 2000 Buick LaSabre when he lost control, ran off the road and hit a utility pole.
Aguilar was seriously injured and taken to the Bristol Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Another passenger, Ivan N. Lopez, 24, was injured also taken to the hospital. He's expected to be ok.
A third passenger ran from the scene.
Excessive speed and alcohol are suspected as contributing to the crash.
- New SC school board member resigns after calling fellow members "darkies"
- New Hospital: No transplant for boy until donor dad follows law
- Report: Three TN officers among 118 killed in 2016
- Ed Sheeran considering postponing dates following bicycle crash
- WATCH: School principal has encounter with cougar