Bristol, Virginia Police are investigating a car crash that happened at around 9:20 this morning on King Mill Pike near the intersection of Lavina St.
According to police, 33-year-old Roberto Aguilar of Bristol, Virginia was driving a 2000 Buick LaSabre when he lost control, ran off the road and hit a utility pole.
Aguilar was seriously injured and taken to the Bristol Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Another passenger, Ivan N. Lopez, 24, was injured also taken to the hospital. He's expected to be ok.
A third passenger ran from the scene.
Excessive speed and alcohol are suspected as contributing to the crash.
- Updated Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- New EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run