Bristol, Virginia Police are investigating a car crash that happened at around 9:20 this morning on King Mill Pike near the intersection of Lavina St.
According to police, 33-year-old Roberto Aguilar of Bristol, Virginia was driving a 2000 Buick LaSabre when he lost control, ran off the road and hit a utility pole.
Aguilar was seriously injured and taken to the Bristol Regional Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
Another passenger, Ivan N. Lopez, 24, was injured also taken to the hospital. He's expected to be ok.
A third passenger ran from the scene.
Excessive speed and alcohol are suspected as contributing to the crash.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial