Davey Crockett is not a fictitious character from the movies and television but a real person born in East Tennessee near Limestone.
A state park sits where his family lived with a replica cabin and a museum noting the many accomplishments of Crockett's life.
1245 Davy Crockett Road
Limestone, TN 37681
Visit Davy Crockett Birthplace Website
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend