Survival rates have improved due to better staff training and safety advances during the 1980s and 1990s, according to the group.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Pilot had not landed 777 in San Francisco
Pilots asked to abort 1.5 seconds before impact
POSTED: 10:05 AM Jul 07 2013 UPDATED: 2:38 AM Jul 08 2013
Copyright 2013 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Around The Watercooler
- Bob Dylan guitar sells for nearly $1 million
- 63 female skydivers set world record
- Woman sheds 100 pounds for the Army
- 'Tippy the Fainting Squirrel' an online superstar
- Canadian lotto officials track down $50M winner
- Cops: Man stabbed by brother over silverware
- Merriam-Webster's word of the year is ...
- Ghost hunters mistaken for burglars
- Is Pope Francis sneaking out at night?