Snow is falling across the region, creating dangerous conditions.
Roads are literally covered with crashes this evening and you are advised to stay home unless you absolutely have to go out.
We have received several reports of slick roads and many people are without power at this hour.
If you absolutely have to be out, we have some tips for you.
Make sure you leave early, allowing extra time to get where your going.
Slow down -- the posted speed limit is for driving during prime road conditions.
Increase your following distance and brake earlier. A wet surface increases your need for stopping distance.
If you are driving in snow, accelerate and decelerate slowly. Do not power up hills.
For the latest on road conditions where you are, you can always check before you travel by dialing 511 in both Tennessee and Virginia.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend