Snow is falling across the region, creating dangerous conditions.
Roads are literally covered with crashes this evening and you are advised to stay home unless you absolutely have to go out.
We have received several reports of slick roads and many people are without power at this hour.
If you absolutely have to be out, we have some tips for you.
Make sure you leave early, allowing extra time to get where your going.
Slow down -- the posted speed limit is for driving during prime road conditions.
Increase your following distance and brake earlier. A wet surface increases your need for stopping distance.
If you are driving in snow, accelerate and decelerate slowly. Do not power up hills.
For the latest on road conditions where you are, you can always check before you travel by dialing 511 in both Tennessee and Virginia.
- Updated Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Updated Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone
- Retailers already looking ahead to Halloween