DAMASCUS, Va. - This is going to be a busy weekend for the small southwest Virginia town of Damascus.
Outdoor enthusiasts will be in the area enjoying the Appalachian Trail and the Virginia Creeper Trail.
The hope is that all those hikers and bikers will be spending money there.
"Fourth of July is always really huge for the entire town, it's not just us," said Bill Leonard with bicycle shop Adventure Damascus. "All the little stores and shops and restaurants, they count on the 4th of July to you know, get them through February."
Now all the area businesses are hoping the weather will cooperate for the holiday weekend!
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next