DAMASCUS, Va. - This is going to be a busy weekend for the small southwest Virginia town of Damascus.
Outdoor enthusiasts will be in the area enjoying the Appalachian Trail and the Virginia Creeper Trail.
The hope is that all those hikers and bikers will be spending money there.
"Fourth of July is always really huge for the entire town, it's not just us," said Bill Leonard with bicycle shop Adventure Damascus. "All the little stores and shops and restaurants, they count on the 4th of July to you know, get them through February."
Now all the area businesses are hoping the weather will cooperate for the holiday weekend!
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day