BRISTOL, Tenn. - A popular driver in NASCAR is gaining a lot of attention with his success -- Dale Earnhardt, Jr. has had three top performances recently, including a big win at Daytona.
Dale Jr. finished first in the Daytona 500, then went on to get second place in Phoenix. Last week finished second at the Kobalt 400 in Las Vegas after running out of gas on the last lap.
Bristol Motor Speedway General Manager Jerry Caldwell says Earnhardt's success could draw a bigger crowd this weekend. "He's been the most popular driver for 11 years in a row, and when the most popular driver is running well, it kind of awakens his fanbase. That has been positive for everyone," he said.
Be sure to tune into our live 'It's Bristol Baby' broadcast from the Bristol Motor Speedway Saturday starting at 7:00 p.m.
- New Baby raccoons saved following Bristol storm
- New Department of Corrections holds law enforcement appreciation lunch
- New Severe weather traps residents in vehicles, hits homes
- New Hall of Famer's widow causes stir with memorabilia auction
- Updated Sextuplets thriving after delivery at Virginia hospital