BRISTOL, Tenn. - A popular driver in NASCAR is gaining a lot of attention with his success -- Dale Earnhardt, Jr. has had three top performances recently, including a big win at Daytona.
Dale Jr. finished first in the Daytona 500, then went on to get second place in Phoenix. Last week finished second at the Kobalt 400 in Las Vegas after running out of gas on the last lap.
Bristol Motor Speedway General Manager Jerry Caldwell says Earnhardt's success could draw a bigger crowd this weekend. "He's been the most popular driver for 11 years in a row, and when the most popular driver is running well, it kind of awakens his fanbase. That has been positive for everyone," he said.
Be sure to tune into our live 'It's Bristol Baby' broadcast from the Bristol Motor Speedway Saturday starting at 7:00 p.m.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all