WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Fire crews were on the scene of a house fire on Cherry Lane in Fall Branch Thursday morning. View photos from the scene
The call came in around 10:30 in the morning.
News 5 WCYB spoke with the chief of the Fall Branch volunteer fire department; he told us the fire was initially reported as a brush fire but was quickly upgraded to a house fire.
Crews battled the blaze at the corner of Cherry Lane and Highway 93. Emergency officials say there were no reports of injuries as of 1 p.m. on Thursday.
We're told the home was destroyed in the fire, but no one was home at the time.
News 5 WCYB has a crew working on the story and we will have more later today online and on News 5 At 5 p.m.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway