WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - Fire crews were on the scene of a house fire on Cherry Lane in Fall Branch Thursday morning. View photos from the scene
The call came in around 10:30 in the morning.
News 5 WCYB spoke with the chief of the Fall Branch volunteer fire department; he told us the fire was initially reported as a brush fire but was quickly upgraded to a house fire.
Crews battled the blaze at the corner of Cherry Lane and Highway 93. Emergency officials say there were no reports of injuries as of 1 p.m. on Thursday.
We're told the home was destroyed in the fire, but no one was home at the time.
News 5 WCYB has a crew working on the story and we will have more later today online and on News 5 At 5 p.m.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson