ABINGDON, Va. - An Abingdon couple who plead guilty to the death of a two-year-old little girl received the maximum sentenced allowed by law on Tuesday.
Sarah Snead and Silas McCracken were both sentenced to 60 years in prison without the possibility of parole.
Prosecutors said this was the worst case of child abuse they had ever seen and that the child, Madison Snead, was severely tortured before she died.
The defendants previously told officers in 2011 that the two-year-old was in blankets, those blankets were in the couch and she was sat on until she stopped moving.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend