ABINGDON, Va. - An Abingdon couple who plead guilty to the death of a two-year-old little girl received the maximum sentenced allowed by law on Tuesday.
Sarah Snead and Silas McCracken were both sentenced to 60 years in prison without the possibility of parole.
Prosecutors said this was the worst case of child abuse they had ever seen and that the child, Madison Snead, was severely tortured before she died.
The defendants previously told officers in 2011 that the two-year-old was in blankets, those blankets were in the couch and she was sat on until she stopped moving.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day