We've learned the continuing probe of The Upper Big Branch Mine disaster will soon produce more criminal charges.
U.S. attorney Booth Goodwin said he expects to make some announcements shortly.
His comments came at a meeting of a health and safety foundation created under $209 million dollar settlement with Alpha Natural Resources.
Former superintendent Gary May awaits sentencing for conspiracy to defraud the federal government. The April 2010 explosion killed 29 men.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport