We've learned the continuing probe of The Upper Big Branch Mine disaster will soon produce more criminal charges.
U.S. attorney Booth Goodwin said he expects to make some announcements shortly.
His comments came at a meeting of a health and safety foundation created under $209 million dollar settlement with Alpha Natural Resources.
Former superintendent Gary May awaits sentencing for conspiracy to defraud the federal government. The April 2010 explosion killed 29 men.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Drought causes high levels of sodium in Coeburn's drinking water
- Updated Attorney: Alabama mom delivered stillborn baby after snorting heroin
- Kingsport police searching for man accused in deputy-involved hit-and-run