Congressman Phil Roe is throwing his hat in the ring once again. The republican announced his bid for re-election Tuesday.
Roe is finishing up his second term as the U.S. House Representative for Tennessee's first district.
The congressman said if he is reelected, he wants to focus his work in Washington on healthcare, job creation, and easing unnecessary government regulation. "We've made it almost impossible to get a loan for highly qualified people, and when you see the credit ease up and these regulatory reforms leave, you're going to see this economy take off. I'm absolutely convinced of that," Roe said.
Phil Roe's other platforms include education, veterans? issues, and promoting fiscal responsibility.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire