Congressman Phil Roe is throwing his hat in the ring once again. The republican announced his bid for re-election Tuesday.
Roe is finishing up his second term as the U.S. House Representative for Tennessee's first district.
The congressman said if he is reelected, he wants to focus his work in Washington on healthcare, job creation, and easing unnecessary government regulation. "We've made it almost impossible to get a loan for highly qualified people, and when you see the credit ease up and these regulatory reforms leave, you're going to see this economy take off. I'm absolutely convinced of that," Roe said.
Phil Roe's other platforms include education, veterans? issues, and promoting fiscal responsibility.
- Updated Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Updated Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs
- Updated Hundreds supported breast cancer at Tri-Cities Race for the Cure
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy