Congressman Phil Roe is throwing his hat in the ring once again. The republican announced his bid for re-election Tuesday.
Roe is finishing up his second term as the U.S. House Representative for Tennessee's first district.
The congressman said if he is reelected, he wants to focus his work in Washington on healthcare, job creation, and easing unnecessary government regulation. "We've made it almost impossible to get a loan for highly qualified people, and when you see the credit ease up and these regulatory reforms leave, you're going to see this economy take off. I'm absolutely convinced of that," Roe said.
Phil Roe's other platforms include education, veterans? issues, and promoting fiscal responsibility.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone