Congressman Phil Roe is throwing his hat in the ring once again. The republican announced his bid for re-election Tuesday.
Roe is finishing up his second term as the U.S. House Representative for Tennessee's first district.
The congressman said if he is reelected, he wants to focus his work in Washington on healthcare, job creation, and easing unnecessary government regulation. "We've made it almost impossible to get a loan for highly qualified people, and when you see the credit ease up and these regulatory reforms leave, you're going to see this economy take off. I'm absolutely convinced of that," Roe said.
Phil Roe's other platforms include education, veterans? issues, and promoting fiscal responsibility.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital