BRISTOL, Va. - People in Bristol, Virginia are banning together to help save a life by raising money for a double lung transplant.
Priscilla Borders is 59-years-old and suffers from COPD.
'Pennies for Priscilla' was held Saturday in hopes to raise money for her. They played bingo, sold hot dogs, and had some entertainment.
So far they have raised about $7,000, but they need $25,000.
We spoke with organizers about fundraising for Priscilla.
"Sweet little lady, she would do anything for you and we've all just kind of come together to help her as much as we can because she really has nobody. She has some family here, her husband, but she doesn't really have anybody to help her so we stepped up and took charge, and trying to raise as much money as we can for her," says organizer Beth Buchanan.
The next fundraiser will be this Thursday, March 7th from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Pizza Hut in Abingdon.
They also have an account set up at 'First Bank & Trust' just ask to donate to the Priscilla Borders lung transplant fund.
- Updated Cops: Woman jailed for shooting near inattentive husband
- Belmeade to close Bristol Mall location, move across street
- Wise County authorities searching for elderly man with dementia
- Technology gives boost to infant death cold case in Virginia
- 7-year-old, father shot while waiting for bus in Virginia