It may not be ideal weather for campers preparing for an action packed weekend of racing, but nothing will let fans hit the brakes when it comes to see a race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Barb Nobis and company spent Thursday evening enjoying the sunshine and fighting the cold wind, but it's not dampening spirits at Farmer Bob's Campground.
Barb tells us her husband turned their farm over to trusted ranch hands last week. She says, "we left early, that way we could come down here and enjoy the warm weather."
They're hoping for heated track action that puts another Missouri native, Carl Edwards, in victory lane.
Across Highway 394, Terri McCall, manager of the All-American campground tells us they've only had two weather related cancellations. She says, " A lot of our campers come from up north and they actually tried to get a jump start to get here before the weather got bad."
We found out All-American has room for almost 2,000 campers. McCall says she has more than 360 paid in advance reservations and a lot of repeat customers.
Like Harry Wiley, who first started camping in 1961. He tells us, "I was the first one ever parked on what we call the 'new campground' when it belonged to the speedway."
Harry has seen it all over the last 53 years, and made lifelong friends, "this is homecoming. We get to see people we've been together with 30 to 40 years.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Cold campers bundle up for cold night
POSTED: 11:35 PM Mar 13 2014
Copyright © 2014 by WCYB. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Around The Watercooler
- Feral cat forces elementary school to close
- PD: Mom hung up on missing child call to strip
- The people who create their own 'countries'
- Cops: Meth suspects threw toilet at imagined attackers
- Police: Woman tried to burn down ex's house with bacon
- Giraffe tries to ride motorcycle (and fails)
- Family angry after airline 'loses' elderly mother
- Thousands of wasps found nesting on bed
- Brazilian man declared dead wakes up in body bag