It may not be ideal weather for campers preparing for an action packed weekend of racing, but nothing will let fans hit the brakes when it comes to see a race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Barb Nobis and company spent Thursday evening enjoying the sunshine and fighting the cold wind, but it's not dampening spirits at Farmer Bob's Campground.
Barb tells us her husband turned their farm over to trusted ranch hands last week. She says, "we left early, that way we could come down here and enjoy the warm weather."
They're hoping for heated track action that puts another Missouri native, Carl Edwards, in victory lane.
Across Highway 394, Terri McCall, manager of the All-American campground tells us they've only had two weather related cancellations. She says, " A lot of our campers come from up north and they actually tried to get a jump start to get here before the weather got bad."
We found out All-American has room for almost 2,000 campers. McCall says she has more than 360 paid in advance reservations and a lot of repeat customers.
Like Harry Wiley, who first started camping in 1961. He tells us, "I was the first one ever parked on what we call the 'new campground' when it belonged to the speedway."
Harry has seen it all over the last 53 years, and made lifelong friends, "this is homecoming. We get to see people we've been together with 30 to 40 years.
Popular now on WCYB.com
Cold campers bundle up for cold night
POSTED: 11:35 PM Mar 13 2014
Copyright © 2014 by WCYB. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Around The Watercooler
- Chili's cook fired over shirtless kitchen pics
- Man brings hatchet to school; 'seemed like a good idea'
- Teen arrested after giving waitress tip covered in feces
- Mom accused of giving baby to heroin user
- Tropical spider burrows into Aussie man's stomach
- Stinking mess: Truck carrying portable toilets crashes
- U.S. tourist gets trapped in London bookstore
- Woman buys year's supply of pumpkin spice lattes
- Haunted house worker gets a little too creepy