BRISTOL, Tenn. - A Bristol women's community service group founded years before the 1927 music sessions that makes the town the Birthplace of Country Music gave back to the birthplace organization Thursday.
Bristol's Blue Stocking Club spent a year raising money designed specifically for education at the Birthplace of Country Music Museum that's now under construction.
The group presented a check for $76,000 to the birthplace organization. "The Blue Stocking Club has long been supportive of women, children and education. So this fit beautifully into what we like to raise funds for," club member Nancy Wood said.
The museum is slated to open in August 2014.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death