BRISTOL, Tenn. - A Bristol women's community service group founded years before the 1927 music sessions that makes the town the Birthplace of Country Music gave back to the birthplace organization Thursday.
Bristol's Blue Stocking Club spent a year raising money designed specifically for education at the Birthplace of Country Music Museum that's now under construction.
The group presented a check for $76,000 to the birthplace organization. "The Blue Stocking Club has long been supportive of women, children and education. So this fit beautifully into what we like to raise funds for," club member Nancy Wood said.
The museum is slated to open in August 2014.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day