BRISTOL, Tenn. - A Bristol women's community service group founded years before the 1927 music sessions that makes the town the Birthplace of Country Music gave back to the birthplace organization Thursday.
Bristol's Blue Stocking Club spent a year raising money designed specifically for education at the Birthplace of Country Music Museum that's now under construction.
The group presented a check for $76,000 to the birthplace organization. "The Blue Stocking Club has long been supportive of women, children and education. So this fit beautifully into what we like to raise funds for," club member Nancy Wood said.
The museum is slated to open in August 2014.
- Updated Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital