BRISTOL, Va. - Bristol, Virginia city leaders say the Falls Development Project is a go despite a recent legal issue.
During an executive session this morning, city council members approved hiring a Richmond based law firm. The move is in response to a complaint filed by a city resident and business owner.
Bristol Mayor Guy Odum said this means additional expenses and legal fees for the city in order to be prepared to answer the complaint in front of a judge, but he maintains it has no merit.
The complaint claims the city's $10 million bond issue for improvements to Lee Highway near the falls is invalid.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day