BRISTOL, Va. - Bristol, Virginia has jumped a financial hurdle when it comes to the progress of a retail development project.
We've learned Virginia Department of Transportation has recently approved $10,000,000 to improve Lee Highway for The Falls project.
Bristol, Virginia Mayor Jim Steele says there are plans to widen the road into a four-lane highway. Mayor Steele says the city does have to match funding from VDOT.
Road crews are expected to begin working sometime in 2014.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough