BRISTOL, Va. - Bristol, Virginia has jumped a financial hurdle when it comes to the progress of a retail development project.
We've learned Virginia Department of Transportation has recently approved $10,000,000 to improve Lee Highway for The Falls project.
Bristol, Virginia Mayor Jim Steele says there are plans to widen the road into a four-lane highway. Mayor Steele says the city does have to match funding from VDOT.
Road crews are expected to begin working sometime in 2014.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway