BRISTOL, Tenn. - A discarded cigarette found at the scene of a robbery leads to a man's arrest.
Bristol, Tennessee investigators say they found DNA evidence on a cigarette butt tossed out during a robbery of Taco Bell back on Volunteer Parkway in January.
Officers say that led them to 47-year-old James Allen Jenkins of Bluff City.
Jenkins was arrested and charged with aggravated robbery.
He's out of jail on bond and due in court June 24th.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting