BRISTOL, Tenn. - Churches are helping offset some of the money spent on Duck Dynasty star's cancelled visit.
Derek Bell with Greeneville based Freewill Baptist Family Ministries tells us Robertson's representatives have returned the money they paid to secure his visit.
However, the ministry is still out 8 thousand dollars in advertising money and may owe Viking Hall some money.
When the ministry found out that Robertson's family were launching Duck Commander Wines they felt that would send mixed messages to the young people who are going through their adolescent drug and alcohol program and asked Robertson not to come.
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program