BRISTOL, Tenn. - Churches are helping offset some of the money spent on Duck Dynasty star's cancelled visit.
Derek Bell with Greeneville based Freewill Baptist Family Ministries tells us Robertson's representatives have returned the money they paid to secure his visit.
However, the ministry is still out 8 thousand dollars in advertising money and may owe Viking Hall some money.
When the ministry found out that Robertson's family were launching Duck Commander Wines they felt that would send mixed messages to the young people who are going through their adolescent drug and alcohol program and asked Robertson not to come.
- New Johnson County woman recovering after vicious dog attack
- New Law enforcement search for dangerous inmate that escaped from local jail
- New Johnson City woman honored by Girl Scouts of the Southern Appalachians
- Updated Johnson City Cardinals may break 20 year attendance record
- Updated Local bank holding 5K run to raise money for Niswonger Children's Hospital