BRISTOL, Tenn. - Churches are helping offset some of the money spent on Duck Dynasty star's cancelled visit.
Derek Bell with Greeneville based Freewill Baptist Family Ministries tells us Robertson's representatives have returned the money they paid to secure his visit.
However, the ministry is still out 8 thousand dollars in advertising money and may owe Viking Hall some money.
When the ministry found out that Robertson's family were launching Duck Commander Wines they felt that would send mixed messages to the young people who are going through their adolescent drug and alcohol program and asked Robertson not to come.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next