JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Community members gathered Sunday to pray for victims of the recent school bus crash.
The New Victory Baptist Church, near the site of the bus crash, held a prayer vigil Sunday afternoon.
Everyone was given a piece of paper to write down a prayer request along with the name of someone they would like to pray for.
We talked with church leaders who tell us everyone in the community has pulled together.
"Its a community cross and we want to let them know we are praying for them," says church pastor Coy Rice.
"People in the community could come together to pray for everyone involved, for all our students and our faculty," adds Starlete Cochran, ministry assistant.
Nearly 100 people came out to Jonesborough for Sunday's prayer service.
- New Another step in the $50 million BVU - Sunset deal
- Heavy machinery stolen in Washington County, Tenn.
- Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate