KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Make-A-Wish East Tennessee is hosting its fourth Chocolate Festival in Kingsport at the Meadowview Convention Center starting Saturday morning.
It includes a Kid Zone, live entertainment and plenty of vendors offering delicious, chocolate goodies.
Organizers say the participants will each walk away with 31 pieces of chocolate, plus an entire piece of hot fudge cake from Shoney's.
There are people who seem to be making this an annual tradition.
"They love it," said Craig Cox, a festival spokesman and Make-A-Wish East Tennessee board member. "We have repeat people, we have people who know what they're doing, they come out with their own Tupperware so they're not having to eat every bit of it right there, take some home with them."
And the best part is that this event benefits Make-A-Wish East Tennessee and helps them with their mission to bring hope and joy to area children dealing with life threatening illnesses.
Tickets are $20 at the door.
The event runs 9am - 3pm tomorrow at the Meadowview Convention Center in Kingsport.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests