BRISTOL, Tenn. - An overseas company is looking to spread its roots to the Tri-Cities and bring nearly 50 jobs with it.
Shanghai GORO Conveyor Belt Fasteners Company is looking to locate in the Partnership Park II, in Bristol.
Officials with Networks Sullivan Partnership tell us it will be a $6 million investment and they hope it will lead to more industry coming to the area. "We're hoping that once we get the fastener company here that we might locate a belt manufacturing company here also in close proximity," said Richard Venable.
Venable tells us they are in competition with a few other states and if they are chosen, they hope to have the company up and running between 2014 and 2015.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport