BRISTOL, Tenn. - An overseas company is looking to spread its roots to the Tri-Cities and bring nearly 50 jobs with it.
Shanghai GORO Conveyor Belt Fasteners Company is looking to locate in the Partnership Park II, in Bristol.
Officials with Networks Sullivan Partnership tell us it will be a $6 million investment and they hope it will lead to more industry coming to the area. "We're hoping that once we get the fastener company here that we might locate a belt manufacturing company here also in close proximity," said Richard Venable.
Venable tells us they are in competition with a few other states and if they are chosen, they hope to have the company up and running between 2014 and 2015.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- New School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- New Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon