It is a child’s dream inside the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center in Abingdon this week.
There are toys everywhere. The "Wee-Cycle It" Children’s Consignment Sale is in full swing. This is the sixth year for the sale, but this marks the first year it has been held at the Higher Education Center.
More than 4,000 consignors donated items including clothing, books, shoes, and videos. Consignors will get 70 percent of the revenue back, and the remaining 30 percent will go to the Woodland Hills Christian Church in Abingdon.
Event coordinator Alicia Arney says some of the items go fast. "Most of the more popular items would be the big ride-on toys, outdoor climbing equipment, baby gear such as swings, high chairs, strollers, booster seats, even the big sink, the kitchen sets for the children," Arney says.
Arney says the church will use this money for their mission projects.
She expects more than 2,000 customers during the event. The sale will be open through Saturday at noon.