BRISTOL, Tenn. - Forms continue to roll in from former patients of Quality Denture Care in Bristol, Tennessee, claiming they paid for services they never received.
Sullivan County District Attorney Barry Staubus tells News 5 they are getting ready to take the case to the grand jury. He says his office has been busy getting information from former patients and interviewing former employees.
Staubus tells us right now he's received 85 forms, but the Bristol, Tennessee Police Department has received more.
He says the grand jury will decided if this is a criminal issue or a civil issue. Staubus tells us he's never seen a case quite like this. "I've never seen one business that had so many people that were out of money that didn't get services. It's an unusual situation," he said.
Dr. Hardev Patel of Quality Denture Care in Bristol is accused of ripping off dozens of patients to the tune of thousands of dollars in some cases.
Staubus hopes to take the case to the grand jury sometime this month.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day