BRISTOL, Tenn. - Forms continue to roll in from former patients of Quality Denture Care in Bristol, Tennessee, claiming they paid for services they never received.
Sullivan County District Attorney Barry Staubus tells News 5 they are getting ready to take the case to the grand jury. He says his office has been busy getting information from former patients and interviewing former employees.
Staubus tells us right now he's received 85 forms, but the Bristol, Tennessee Police Department has received more.
He says the grand jury will decided if this is a criminal issue or a civil issue. Staubus tells us he's never seen a case quite like this. "I've never seen one business that had so many people that were out of money that didn't get services. It's an unusual situation," he said.
Dr. Hardev Patel of Quality Denture Care in Bristol is accused of ripping off dozens of patients to the tune of thousands of dollars in some cases.
Staubus hopes to take the case to the grand jury sometime this month.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane