Carbon monoxide leak causes jail evacuation
A carbon monoxide leak is being blamed for an evacuation at a local detention center.
We're told prisoners in two cell blocks at the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center started complaining of nausea and headaches around 8:30 Sunday morning.
Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff Ed Graybeal says a few inmates lost consciousness.
We're told one prisoner was taken to the hospital, but he was expected to be ok.
Sheriff Ed Graybeal says the leak was caused by a faulty water heater. The problem has since been fixed and inmates are back in their cells.
Sheriff Graybeal says the quick reaction by emergency crews saved 51 lives.
Copyright © 2014 by WCYB. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.