Canonization of Pope John Paul II, Pope John XXIII
Pope Francis canonized popes John Paul II and John XXIII during a Mass at the Vatican on April 27. Both popes were very popular during their reigns. John XXIII (1958-1963) was born Angelo Giuseppe Roncalli to a poor family in northern Italy. John Paul II (1978-2005) was born Karol Jozef Wojtyla in an industrial town in Poland.
Around The Watercooler
- Bank robbery suspect's happy mug shot going viral
- La. restaurant gives discount to gun-toting patrons
- Cops: Man shot at neighbor's home to unload gun
- Fleeing car crashes into water treatment plant
- 'Che,' Chavez perfumes a no-go in Cuba
- Would you wear the Suitsy?
- Woman hitches rides on planes to 46 states
- School bus driver crashes, goes into labor
- Police: Shirtless drunk man took bath in holy water