BRISTOL, Tenn. - Tuesday is the first day of a nationwide cancer study taking place in our region. The American Cancer Society is partnering with Wellmont Cancer Institute and the YWCA of Bristol for the study.
They are looking to enroll 600 people from Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. You must be between the ages of 30 and 65 and never have been diagnosed with cancer.
Participants will have their waists measured, must give a blood sample and complete a survey. Follow-up surveys will also be done every few years for the next 20 to 30 years.
You can enroll at the YWCA on East State Street from two o'clock to 6:30 through Friday, August 9.
- Updated ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Fire at old General Mills building now suspected as arson
- Updated Bays Mountain Dam turns 100 this year
- Updated Doctors more careful when prescribing antibiotics