BRISTOL, Tenn. - Tuesday is the first day of a nationwide cancer study taking place in our region. The American Cancer Society is partnering with Wellmont Cancer Institute and the YWCA of Bristol for the study.
They are looking to enroll 600 people from Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. You must be between the ages of 30 and 65 and never have been diagnosed with cancer.
Participants will have their waists measured, must give a blood sample and complete a survey. Follow-up surveys will also be done every few years for the next 20 to 30 years.
You can enroll at the YWCA on East State Street from two o'clock to 6:30 through Friday, August 9.
- Updated Figure skater Scott Hamilton diagnosed with 3rd brain tumor
- Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall