Johnson City, TN - The manager of a Johnson City cancer clinic has entered a guilty plea in federal court to receiving unapproved drugs.
32-year-old Michael Dean Combs pleaded guilty to receiving misbranded drugs in violation of The Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
According to his plea agreement, Combs was the business manager for Mcleod Cancer and Blood Center, which provides care and treatment for patients with cancer and blood diseases.
The plea agreement says the center bought large amounts of prescription drugs to be administered through the clinic, from a Canadian business that got the drugs from foreign sources. These drugs were not approved by The F.D.A. to be used or distributed.
His sentencing is set for April 1st of next year.
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough