BRISTOL, Va. - Bristol, Virginia City leaders say despite concern, the main anchor store for The Falls development will open on time.
Despite talk circulating that Cabela's may opt out of its contract, assistant City Manager Andrew Trivette tells us Cabela's has spent $300,000 on the project and that is incentive enough not to withdraw. "Their contract requires that we deliver the pad in December and we are on track to do just that. Secondly, Cabela's has already begun to spend money of their own on development of their own site plan which we expect to have completed by the end of this month."
Trivette says they have a conversation once a week with the tenants to update the construction going on at the site.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University