BRISTOL, Va. - Bristol, Virginia city leaders are moving forward on a major development.
City Manager Dewey Cashwell says City Council approved for him to sign a contract with outdoor super store Cabela's. That will also allow the city to move forward to buy property at Exit 5.
The plan is for Cabela's to be the anchor store and city leaders are hoping that will entice more retailers to that site.
Some facts on when this development is up and running:
It is expected to generate 2,0000 jobs.
City leaders expect it to attract one million visitors.
They also are looking at $5 million dollars in tax revenue.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect