BRISTOL, Va. - Bristol, Virginia city leaders are moving forward on a major development.
City Manager Dewey Cashwell says City Council approved for him to sign a contract with outdoor super store Cabela's. That will also allow the city to move forward to buy property at Exit 5.
The plan is for Cabela's to be the anchor store and city leaders are hoping that will entice more retailers to that site.
Some facts on when this development is up and running:
It is expected to generate 2,0000 jobs.
City leaders expect it to attract one million visitors.
They also are looking at $5 million dollars in tax revenue.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial