BRISTOL, Va. - Bristol, Virginia city leaders are moving forward on a major development.
City Manager Dewey Cashwell says City Council approved for him to sign a contract with outdoor super store Cabela's. That will also allow the city to move forward to buy property at Exit 5.
The plan is for Cabela's to be the anchor store and city leaders are hoping that will entice more retailers to that site.
Some facts on when this development is up and running:
It is expected to generate 2,0000 jobs.
City leaders expect it to attract one million visitors.
They also are looking at $5 million dollars in tax revenue.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash