BRISTOL, Va. - Bristol, Virginia city leaders are moving forward on a major development.
City Manager Dewey Cashwell says City Council approved for him to sign a contract with outdoor super store Cabela's. That will also allow the city to move forward to buy property at Exit 5.
The plan is for Cabela's to be the anchor store and city leaders are hoping that will entice more retailers to that site.
Some facts on when this development is up and running:
It is expected to generate 2,0000 jobs.
City leaders expect it to attract one million visitors.
They also are looking at $5 million dollars in tax revenue.
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia