BRISTOL, Tenn. - Some Bristol employees got an unexpected break Friday.
U.S. Solutions on West State Street evacuated around 12:30 in the afternoon because of smoke and odor in the building.
The Bristol, Tennessee Fire Department tells News 5 a power surge in the system caused a power outage. Once the back-up diesel generator kicked in, smoke and a fuel odor entered the building.
The fire department says when everyone was evacuated, fire crews did a thorough walkthrough. Employees were allowed back inside once no fire was found.
- Updated Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Updated Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood
- Johnson City BOE discusses Washington County tax money plan
- Congress moves to expedite veteran disability benefit appeals