BRISTOL, Tenn. - Some Bristol employees got an unexpected break Friday.
U.S. Solutions on West State Street evacuated around 12:30 in the afternoon because of smoke and odor in the building.
The Bristol, Tennessee Fire Department tells News 5 a power surge in the system caused a power outage. Once the back-up diesel generator kicked in, smoke and a fuel odor entered the building.
The fire department says when everyone was evacuated, fire crews did a thorough walkthrough. Employees were allowed back inside once no fire was found.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting