GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - A local bus driver faces a statutory rape charge in Greene County after a five-month investigation by the TBI.
49-year-old Jerry Malone of Greene County is charged with statutory rape by an authority figure, aggravated statutory rape, and purchasing alcoholic beverages for a child.
The TBI says Malone is accused of meeting two juveniles on October 7 of last year and providing them alcohol.
They say Malone is also accused of going to a home with the juveniles, where they say he had sex with one of them.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities