GREENE COUNTY, Tenn. - A local bus driver faces a statutory rape charge in Greene County after a five-month investigation by the TBI.
49-year-old Jerry Malone of Greene County is charged with statutory rape by an authority figure, aggravated statutory rape, and purchasing alcoholic beverages for a child.
The TBI says Malone is accused of meeting two juveniles on October 7 of last year and providing them alcohol.
They say Malone is also accused of going to a home with the juveniles, where they say he had sex with one of them.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport