The following is a press release from the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office regarding the burglary and vandalism of the Sullivan Baptist Retreat Center:
"On 11/7/13 the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office received a report of a burglary and vandalism at the Sullivan Baptist Retreat Center, which is located on Hood Road in Kingsport.
Two buildings at the retreat center were targeted. Thieves took numerous appliances as well as the center's sound system. In addition, extensive damage was done to both buildings. Aside from breaking out windows, the thieves intentionally broke the majority of the light fixtures located inside the buildings. They also did extensive damage to the ceilings and walls. Various graffiti was spray painted on the walls of the center, including a pentagram.
The incident is believed to have occurred within the last two weeks.
Anyone with information concerning this crime is asked to contact the Sheriff's Office at 423-279-7506. Tips can also be submitted anonymously on our website, www.scsotn.com."
- Updated Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury