The following is a press release from the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office regarding the burglary and vandalism of the Sullivan Baptist Retreat Center:
"On 11/7/13 the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office received a report of a burglary and vandalism at the Sullivan Baptist Retreat Center, which is located on Hood Road in Kingsport.
Two buildings at the retreat center were targeted. Thieves took numerous appliances as well as the center's sound system. In addition, extensive damage was done to both buildings. Aside from breaking out windows, the thieves intentionally broke the majority of the light fixtures located inside the buildings. They also did extensive damage to the ceilings and walls. Various graffiti was spray painted on the walls of the center, including a pentagram.
The incident is believed to have occurred within the last two weeks.
Anyone with information concerning this crime is asked to contact the Sheriff's Office at 423-279-7506. Tips can also be submitted anonymously on our website, www.scsotn.com."
- Updated Washington County, Virginia man charged with rape of child
- New EPA, USDA announces initiative to help bring broadband service to Erwin
- Updated Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Major decision expected Wednesday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run