BRISTOL, Tenn. - Bristol Tennessee Essential Services is warning customers about a scam.
The company says scammers are calling people and threatening to turn off their power unless they give a credit card number or a pre-paid gift card number.
The scammer tells the customer they work for BTES. Anyone receiving these calls should not give out personal information and report it to BTES and police.
- New U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary offers vessel safety inspections
- New After Saudi arms deal, defense shares fly
- New Bill Condon will direct 2019 'Bride of Frankenstein' remake
- New Colorado highway named for Blue Angel pilot killed in crash
- Updated Virginia inmate given furlough one day before she died of cancer