BRISTOL, Tenn. - Bristol Tennessee Essential Services is warning customers about a scam.
The company says scammers are calling people and threatening to turn off their power unless they give a credit card number or a pre-paid gift card number.
The scammer tells the customer they work for BTES. Anyone receiving these calls should not give out personal information and report it to BTES and police.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin