BRISTOL, Tenn. - Bristol Tennessee Essential Services is warning customers about a scam.
The company says scammers are calling people and threatening to turn off their power unless they give a credit card number or a pre-paid gift card number.
The scammer tells the customer they work for BTES. Anyone receiving these calls should not give out personal information and report it to BTES and police.
- Updated Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- Updated Woman pleads guilty in Tenn. drag racing case
- New Man arrested for trying pay with $1 bill altered to look like a $20
- Updated Wife who says lottery is waste of money wins $1 million
- Mistrial for men accused of beating NASCAR's Mike Wallace