BRISTOL, Va. - Bristol, Virginia Police Chief, Bill Price, says it has been an honor and privilege serving the citizens of bristol. Price made that statement Thursday after announcing his retirement. He has not told us why he decided to leave the position.
Price has served on the police department for 21 years. He will remain chief until January first.
A spokesperson with Bristol, Virginia Police plans to talk with news 5 Friday about what's next for the department.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport