BRISTOL, Va. - A search is underway for a new fire chief in Bristol, Virginia.
Chief J.C. Bolling announced he will retire at the end of June. He took over the role of chief in 2009.
Bolling joined the fire department in 1986 and served in several different leadership roles.
He tells News 5 he plans on staying in the area.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone