BRISTOL, Va. - A search is underway for a new fire chief in Bristol, Virginia.
Chief J.C. Bolling announced he will retire at the end of June. He took over the role of chief in 2009.
Bolling joined the fire department in 1986 and served in several different leadership roles.
He tells News 5 he plans on staying in the area.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City