BRISTOL, Tn. - A Bristol, Tennessee man is behind bars after police say he called 911 and said he had a hand grenade.
Bristol Police say Glenn Douglas Cock made the call just before 11 p.m. Friday night.
Patrol officers responded to the residence and attempted to get Cock to come outside. He refused and made additional threats towards the officers.
The Department's SWAT and Negotiations teams tried to establish contact with Cock via both his home phone and the Department's negotiations phone, but were unsuccessful.
Bristol police decided to enter Cock's house because he threatened to use weapons. He also claimed he had a loaded AK-47.
Cock was taken into custody and charged with filing a false report, a Class C felony.
His arrangement is scheduled for Monday morning in Bristol General Sessions Court.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane