BRISTOL, Tenn. - Bristol, Tennessee City Schools were saddened today to hear about the passing of one of their own.
Vice-chairman of the Bristol, Tennessee School Board, Kelly Buskell III, died in his home Monday. Buskell was elected to Bristol, Tennessee's first district school board in 2009 and was up for reelection in May.
We spoke to the Bristol, Tennessee Director of Schools Dr. Gary Lily who told us it was a shock to them all. "Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and our condolences to them. He will definitely be missed," said Lilly.
We were unable to confirm the cause of death.
In the aftermath of Buskell's death, the Bristol school board postponed their schedule Monday meeting until April 22.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities