Bristol, Tennessee Police say they are looking for a hit-and-run driver.
The accident happened Tuesday afternoon in the 300 block of Old Thomas Bridge Rd.
Police said the pedestrian was walking in the eastbound lane. According to witnesses, a westbound vehicle crossed the center line and struck the pedestrian.
The pedestrian suffered serious injuries and was transported to Holston Valley Medical Center by a medical helicopter.
The driver of the vehicle did not stop, according to officers.
Anyone with information should call the police department at 423.989.5600, 423.764.TIPS (8477) or by email at email@example.com.
- New Double-up: Tri Cities' Kroger stores not included in coupon cancellation
- 'Genius Hour' inspiring unique products from Bristol middle schoolers
- Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond