BRISTOL, Tenn. - The city of Bristol, Tennessee is now under new leadership.
Tuesday night, former councilwoman Michelle Dolan was appointed City Mayor by her council members.
Lea Powers is now the new Vice Mayor of the city.
We caught up with Mayor Dolan and she told News 5 what she plans on accomplishing in her time as mayor. Mayor Dolan went on to say, "We really want to focus on drawing in some mid-sized industrial and manufacturing jobs to the area."
Dolan also wants to improve the housing economy in the city.
Mayor Dolan also tells News 5 she wants to work on ways to encourage more adults to get their GEDs to help improve their chances of gaining employment.
- Updated Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated