BRISTOL, Tn. - Runners gathered in downtown Bristol Monday morning for a 5K to mark the unofficial end of summer.
The Bristol Morning Rotary Club held the "Summer's End 5K and The Back to School Mile" at eight o'clock Monday. Participants began at Anderson Park on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and made their way through the streets surrounding downtown.
The event marks the unofficial end of summer and also included a 2-mile walk that began shortly before the 5K.
- Updated Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- New Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction
- Jury is out in first-degree murder case of Johnson City man
- Volunteer firefighters responded to RV fire in Bluff City
- Two men charged in the fatal shooting of Zaevion Dobson