BRISTOL, Tn. - Runners gathered in downtown Bristol Monday morning for a 5K to mark the unofficial end of summer.
The Bristol Morning Rotary Club held the "Summer's End 5K and The Back to School Mile" at eight o'clock Monday. Participants began at Anderson Park on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and made their way through the streets surrounding downtown.
The event marks the unofficial end of summer and also included a 2-mile walk that began shortly before the 5K.
- Updated Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.