BRISTOL, Tenn. - Bristol, Tennessee city council members voted unanimously to extend the contract for city manager to Bill Sorah on Tuesday night.
Sorah has more than 30 years experience in the cities of Bristol, Virginia and Tennessee. He served in the temporary position after former city manager Jeff Broughton left for a job with the University of Tennessee Municipal Technical Advisory Service in May.
Sorah tells us he is excited about the the collaboration he has seen the past nine months.
He was picked from a field of 52 candidates from throughout the country. He will assume the full time duties of city manager immediately.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death