BRISTOL, Tenn. - Bristol, Tennessee city council members voted unanimously to extend the contract for city manager to Bill Sorah on Tuesday night.
Sorah has more than 30 years experience in the cities of Bristol, Virginia and Tennessee. He served in the temporary position after former city manager Jeff Broughton left for a job with the University of Tennessee Municipal Technical Advisory Service in May.
Sorah tells us he is excited about the the collaboration he has seen the past nine months.
He was picked from a field of 52 candidates from throughout the country. He will assume the full time duties of city manager immediately.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting