BRISTOL, Tenn. - Bristol, Tennessee city council members voted unanimously to extend the contract for city manager to Bill Sorah on Tuesday night.
Sorah has more than 30 years experience in the cities of Bristol, Virginia and Tennessee. He served in the temporary position after former city manager Jeff Broughton left for a job with the University of Tennessee Municipal Technical Advisory Service in May.
Sorah tells us he is excited about the the collaboration he has seen the past nine months.
He was picked from a field of 52 candidates from throughout the country. He will assume the full time duties of city manager immediately.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations