BRISTOL, Tenn. - Preparations are underway at the Bristol Motor Speedway as the racetrack gets ready for the drivers and fans.
BMS General Manager Jerry Caldwell tells us they are putting the finishing touches around the track. He says they've spent the week doing paint touch-ups.
Caldwell says they're working on putting up hospitality tents as well.
He tells us people are setting up in the fan zone, and across the street souvenir vendors are getting ready. "It's a great experience for the race fans. That's what we want to do. We're looking at all those details now, going around the restrooms and making sure they're spotless," Caldwell told us.
Be sure to tune into our live 'It's Bristol Baby' broadcast from the Bristol Motor Speedway Saturday starting at 7:00 p.m.
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School
- Healthcare insurance rates to spike in 2017