BRISTOL, Tenn. - A Bristol, Tennessee man is behind bars, charged in the murder of his wife.
Police say it happened Friday evening around 10:15 at Edgemont Towers on Ash Street. When officers arrived they found Sue Delph dead with a gunshot wound to the head.
At that point, Delph told officers his wife shot herself; police say the evidence told them a different story.
Detectives have charged Franklin Delph with first degree murder.
"Based on Mr. Delph's statements to us, after we obtained the search warrant and entered the residence, there was some physical evidence there that basically conflicted his initial statements of how the shooting occurred," said Bristol, Tennessee Detective L. Dannielle Eller.
Delph is being held on a $250,000 bond.
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Early Friday fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- Avoca community rallies for girl's Diabetes service dog
- Updated Warner Bros. promises previously unreleased Prince music
- Updated US internet disrupted as key firm gets hit by cyberattack