BRISTOL, Tenn. - A Bristol, Tennessee man is behind bars, charged in the murder of his wife.
Police say it happened Friday evening around 10:15 at Edgemont Towers on Ash Street. When officers arrived they found Sue Delph dead with a gunshot wound to the head.
At that point, Delph told officers his wife shot herself; police say the evidence told them a different story.
Detectives have charged Franklin Delph with first degree murder.
"Based on Mr. Delph's statements to us, after we obtained the search warrant and entered the residence, there was some physical evidence there that basically conflicted his initial statements of how the shooting occurred," said Bristol, Tennessee Detective L. Dannielle Eller.
Delph is being held on a $250,000 bond.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin