BRISTOL, Va. - A local location is among 33 J.C. Penney stores closing nationwide.
We've learned one of them is located at the Bristol, Virginia Mall. The closures will result in 2,000 job cuts across the country.
The company says the decision is part of its turnaround efforts to focus on its highest potential growth opportunities.
J.C. Penney says this action will result in an annual savings of about $65 million beginning this year.
Final closings are expected to be complete by early May.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin