BRISTOL, Va. - A local location is among 33 J.C. Penney stores closing nationwide.
We've learned one of them is located at the Bristol, Virginia Mall. The closures will result in 2,000 job cuts across the country.
The company says the decision is part of its turnaround efforts to focus on its highest potential growth opportunities.
J.C. Penney says this action will result in an annual savings of about $65 million beginning this year.
Final closings are expected to be complete by early May.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City