BRISTOL, Va. - A local location is among 33 J.C. Penney stores closing nationwide.
We've learned one of them is located at the Bristol, Virginia Mall. The closures will result in 2,000 job cuts across the country.
The company says the decision is part of its turnaround efforts to focus on its highest potential growth opportunities.
J.C. Penney says this action will result in an annual savings of about $65 million beginning this year.
Final closings are expected to be complete by early May.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone