BRISTOL, Va. - A local location is among 33 J.C. Penney stores closing nationwide.
We've learned one of them is located at the Bristol, Virginia Mall. The closures will result in 2,000 job cuts across the country.
The company says the decision is part of its turnaround efforts to focus on its highest potential growth opportunities.
J.C. Penney says this action will result in an annual savings of about $65 million beginning this year.
Final closings are expected to be complete by early May.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment