BRISTOL, Tenn. - Bristol, Tennessee put its money to good use in hopes of bringing in new business.
You may have noticed the city cleared land in 2011 at the corner of Broad Street and Volunteer Parkway. Community development director Shari Brown tells us the two lots sat unused for nearly a decade and after receiving a grant, they cleaned it up and prepared it for new business.
Now they tell us they're working to bring in independent chain restaurants to the area. "Bristol is more and more becoming a good comfortable place, not so much for the chains but for the independently owned restaurants that are really unique," said Brown.
Brown tells us a deal is currently underway, but won't disclose who it will be until it is finalized.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin