BRISTOL, Va. - The Bristol Public Library, in conjunction with a local campaign, is offering an opportunity for parents and children to enjoy.
Tuesday morning at 10 a.m. at the Bristol Public Library, parents took time to read with their children.
This story-time event aligns with Smart Beginnings Start With Families, the campaign by the Virginia Early Childhood Foundation and the Library of Virginia to focus attention on the important role that parents and loving caregivers play in the lives of their young children, and to also ensure school readiness for kids.
The event takes place year-round.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City