BRISTOL, Va. - Work on a new retail development in Bristol, Virginia took a major step forward Monday morning.
The Bristol Virginia City Council and Industrial Development Authority approved the contract with the company that will handle the excavation for The Falls development.
Work was already underway, but city leaders say this will speed up construction.
Mayor Jim Steele says folks will soon start to see major work on preparing the site. "All this should be completed somewhere around December or February," says Mayor Steele. "Another step going forward to get these businesses opened up and hopefully get these tax dollars rolling back in for the city."
Steele says the community can expect to hear more from The Falls development in the coming days.
The mayor says they are in the final contract stages with at least one more major store and are working with several potential tenants for the development.
- Updated Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury