BRISTOL, Tenn. - The man who has been at the helm of Bristol Regional Medical Center is stepping down because of health reasons.
Bart Hove has been the president for 12 years. He recently appeared on News 5 to talk about Governor Bill Haslam's plan for health care.
"After 37-years in administration and due to my own medical issues, it is time for me to step aside," said Hove.
Wellmont will conduct a national search for hove's replacement. In the interim, Greg Neal, president of Wellmont's community hospital division, will serve as president.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone