BRISTOL, Tenn. - A company in Bristol, Tennessee announced it's closing it's doors.
Synalloy Corporation, the parent company of Bristol Fabrication, posted a statement on it's website saying a division of the Bristol location will close June 27.
According to the statement, the employees were notified Monday.
The company says Bristol Fabrication lost more than $5 million between 2011 and 2013, and lost more than a million dollars during the first quarter of this year.
The company says it failed to reach a new agreement with the union that represents it's workers to reduce costs to become profitable.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project