BRISTOL, Tenn. - A company in Bristol, Tennessee announced it's closing it's doors.
Synalloy Corporation, the parent company of Bristol Fabrication, posted a statement on it's website saying a division of the Bristol location will close June 27.
According to the statement, the employees were notified Monday.
The company says Bristol Fabrication lost more than $5 million between 2011 and 2013, and lost more than a million dollars during the first quarter of this year.
The company says it failed to reach a new agreement with the union that represents it's workers to reduce costs to become profitable.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin